Special Night in Kyoto by Yukie
April 16, 2008 (Wed.)
At the dinner party after Osaka Yoriai trade meeting yesterday, I heard that they were planning to spend a time in Kyoto for sightseeing on the next day. Kyoto, where I have been for about 20 years, is one of the most famous sightseeing spots in Japan; you can enjoy an exotic mood even if you don’t visit specific places like famous temples or shrines.
It is worth visiting to just take a walk.
Therefore, I did not offer them for guiding in the day time.
I just handed out a memo to Els, in which my phone number and the name of the nearest JR station from my place are mentioned, telling her to call me if they like me to arrange for a dinner party in Kyoto.
I was thinking that they would rather like to go straight back to their hotel in Shin Osaka if they felt tired after the sightseeing.
However, my telephone rang at 17:00.
It was Els.
She told me that she was calling from the JR Kyoto station and was moving to Yamashina, my nearest JR station, together with all the other friends.
From the tone of her voice, I recognized that none of them were tired at all and were ready for eating and drinking.
It made me anticipate that the dinner party would be a big blast.
A tornado after trade.... (LOL)
Then, I made an SOS call to a pin collector living in Kyoto and asked him to join us. Yes, he came!
Meeting at the Yamashina station, the group of 8 foreign drinkers and 2 Japanese walked to a party place.
It started at 18:00.
At first, I chose and ordered some dishes and drinks for them just for tasting so that they could make additional orders if they found something they like.

I did not have to worry about their likes and dislikes; they liked everything they ate and enjoyed almost all of the dishes excepting Sashimi, raw fish.
As a result, ordering for dishes and drinks never stopped for about 4 hours.


All of us enjoyed and were quite satisfied with the meals and time we shared.
As they said they would move to Tokyo area early in the next morning, we closed the enjoyable dinner party and walked back to the JR station.
When I looked back while walking, I realized that 2 of them were missing.
They stopped by a confectionary shop to buy ice cream.
Oh my Buddha!
They started eating again and looked soooo happy (laughs).

Time passed quickly. We promised to see again somewhere someday and said good-bye in front of the ticket barrier.
Have a safe trip and enjoy the rest of days in Japan!

We enjoyed talking a lot but I do not mention the details here at the moment.
Only the attendees know who said what (laughs).
There were many impressive words and phrases, though.
I may think about opening those to the public little by little when I feel the time comes.
Thank you all for visiting us!
I very much appreciate all the new meetings as well as the reunion I had this time. Say Johnnieeeee! (LOL)
At the dinner party after Osaka Yoriai trade meeting yesterday, I heard that they were planning to spend a time in Kyoto for sightseeing on the next day. Kyoto, where I have been for about 20 years, is one of the most famous sightseeing spots in Japan; you can enjoy an exotic mood even if you don’t visit specific places like famous temples or shrines.
It is worth visiting to just take a walk.
Therefore, I did not offer them for guiding in the day time.
I just handed out a memo to Els, in which my phone number and the name of the nearest JR station from my place are mentioned, telling her to call me if they like me to arrange for a dinner party in Kyoto.
I was thinking that they would rather like to go straight back to their hotel in Shin Osaka if they felt tired after the sightseeing.
However, my telephone rang at 17:00.
It was Els.
She told me that she was calling from the JR Kyoto station and was moving to Yamashina, my nearest JR station, together with all the other friends.
From the tone of her voice, I recognized that none of them were tired at all and were ready for eating and drinking.
It made me anticipate that the dinner party would be a big blast.
A tornado after trade.... (LOL)
Then, I made an SOS call to a pin collector living in Kyoto and asked him to join us. Yes, he came!
Meeting at the Yamashina station, the group of 8 foreign drinkers and 2 Japanese walked to a party place.
It started at 18:00.
At first, I chose and ordered some dishes and drinks for them just for tasting so that they could make additional orders if they found something they like.

I did not have to worry about their likes and dislikes; they liked everything they ate and enjoyed almost all of the dishes excepting Sashimi, raw fish.
As a result, ordering for dishes and drinks never stopped for about 4 hours.


All of us enjoyed and were quite satisfied with the meals and time we shared.
As they said they would move to Tokyo area early in the next morning, we closed the enjoyable dinner party and walked back to the JR station.
When I looked back while walking, I realized that 2 of them were missing.
They stopped by a confectionary shop to buy ice cream.
Oh my Buddha!
They started eating again and looked soooo happy (laughs).

Time passed quickly. We promised to see again somewhere someday and said good-bye in front of the ticket barrier.
Have a safe trip and enjoy the rest of days in Japan!

We enjoyed talking a lot but I do not mention the details here at the moment.
Only the attendees know who said what (laughs).
There were many impressive words and phrases, though.
I may think about opening those to the public little by little when I feel the time comes.
Thank you all for visiting us!
I very much appreciate all the new meetings as well as the reunion I had this time. Say Johnnieeeee! (LOL)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home